InnerVoice is an easy-to-use, engaging iPad and iPhone communication tool that teaches speech, language, and social communication skills for people with autism.
Designed by speech-language pathologists, certified autism specialists, assistive technology specialists, and educators, InnerVoice is the most effective tool for non-verbal learners, parents, teachers, therapists — or people with no disabilities: InnerVoice makes communication available to anyone.
InnerVoice can work like a typical speech-generating communication device: letting your thoughts and feelings be heard and understood by others. Unlike traditional communication systems, though, InnerVoice combines facial expressions, emotions, written words, and actions with speech, providing a complete multi-sensory learning experience. You can even share your words with others by making videos of the avatars speaking your message: post your thoughts to social media, send a text message — it’s up to you!
Choose an avatar from a library of faces, use a photo of your student, or one of their favorite characters, and watch them come alive in the app! Avatars move, emote and, most importantly, speak! Watching a face that the learner connects with helps increase imitation and engagement, and it’s a lot of fun, too.
- InnerVoice has full, native support for both English and Spanish.
- SPEAK: tap the mouth or the speech bubble and hear the avatar say your words aloud.
- SHARE: your avatar will deliver any message to friends, family or social media.
- ACTION: add actions to any button to represent verbs, emotions, and concepts by using GIFs, powered by GIPHY, or Apple’s Bounce, Loop, or slow-motion videos.
- SEE YOURSELF: take a photo of yourself, a toy, a drawing, and watch it come to life.
- EMOTE: make facial expressions on your avatar’s face: happiness, sadness, or anger.
- CUSTOMIZE: create new buttons and edit layouts with ease, using SmartySymbols, photos, videos, or GIFs: the simple button-editing system can add a pre-recorded or text-to-speech label to your buttons.
- SAVE YOUR WORK: ensure that all customizations are safe from accidental deletions or crashes.
- WATCH: the avatar’s words scroll across the screen in sync with its speech, allowing you to see the connection between written and spoken language.
- WRITE: download MyScript Stylus keyboard, handwrite your message, and watch your writing appear as text, as the avatars read it aloud.
A NewSchools Venture-funded, National Science Foundation SBIR-funded, Autism Speaks-funded and Mensa award-winning app, InnerVoice unlocks your ability to communicate through its unique, entertaining, and engaging combination of iTherapy, LLC research and design; NeoSpeech text-to-speech software; and MotionPortrait, Inc facial recognition and animation software.
InnerVoice is designed by iTherapy, LLC, a company of speech-language pathologists, certified autism specialists, and educators who work with people with autism, dyslexia, and other communication disorders.
InnerVoice teaches communication using a unique patent-pending process called Multi-Sensory Semiotics: which pairs sensory stimuli — anything from movements, touch, or sound — with auditory symbols (words), visual symbols (text), or gestural symbols (sign language).